Here you will find especial wedding planning tips that can apply for this pandemic moments.
Latin Asia understands that it is difficult to plan your destination wedding when the world is passing through the COVID19. Therefore, it is important you see the big opportunity that the pandemic brings you.
In fact, you have more time to organize your wedding ideas. Especially in those where we don’t usually think much. First, if you don’t decide your resort option yet, you can think about the elements you like more.
For example, some people prefer all-inclusive hotels because they want their guests to enjoy more of these benefits. Nevertheless, the majority of all-inclusive resorts charge you for the food and drinks provided in the events of your wedding. So a wedding planning tip is to investigate what they offer to you in your events especially.
Also, it is important to consider the convenience of transportation airport – hotel airport. Some hotels are located far away. Hence the more closer hotel the more opportunity that your guests can stay on time in some of your events. Particularly for those who planned a quick flight.
Before sing a hotel contract, you should check the Indian wedding package they are offer to you. Some of them are based on a certain number of guests and certain events. And others include the basics needs for your Indian destination wedding and you should add separately what you really need.
But a useful wedding planning tip is to choose a package that charges you for the specific things you should need. That is, those who depend on how many guests and how many events you might have. Because from there you will be able to see truly which packages are the best and which ones are not a good fit for you.
You might also like:
How to maximize your Indian wedding budget?
Tips to maximize your budget for your destination Indian wedding could be many, but here are the ones that are really helpful.
1. Find a resort that offers all-inclusive or that offers a great Indian wedding package.
2. See in detail the inclusions and the exclusions
3. Ask if they are customizable. (here many packages will fall, so you will naturally filter down and keep only the good ones)
4. List up all what you want in your budget and highlight in one color those that you really need
5. check if certain things that you normally pay in a local wedding could be offered complimentary at a destination wedding, for example rather than paying for lunch after the ceremony, invite all your guests to enjoy any of the restaurants opened in the hotel that are all-inclusive. Or if you normally pay for a location rental for pithi, choose the beach and have fun with your guests and later on jump into the sea!
6. Get rid of the things in the list that are not mandatory rather than bargaining for the things you really need. In this way you will maximize your budget without compromising your vision.
What can you negotiate for a destination Indian wedding?
A destination Indian wedding is different from a local Indian wedding. One of the main differences is that for less you can get so more. So what can you negotiate when planning a destination wedding? The first thing it is worth negotiating is if the resort package is customizable or not. The majority will tell you, yes, but you will see numbers rising, so be careful. Many packages are offered already considering a discount, therefore it will be difficult to change the cost of the package and in many cases, if you do not use some of the inclusions the price will remain the same. So rather than trying to negotiate a discount in a package, it is smarter to ask if the package could be customized or if they offer packages a la carte so you can pick and choose. When it comes to your group room block it is common to start negotiating a discount for the room rates by saying that your group is big. Quite unfortunately it is not effective, why? because even if your group is large, the hotel sells thousands of room nights to the wholesalers ahead of time, and they do it every year, which means that a large wedding might represent one of the thousands of clients in the same situation. Instead of going that painful way, it is better to get the best rate they offer you of course, and to negotiate the perks and benefits, here is the key. For example, if the hotel is going to give you a private check-in, or if they are going to offer you complimentary rooms, or upgrades or premium location rental fees waived or discounts in food and drinks for your private events, or XX hours for free events including waiters and such, or resort credits for each and every one of your guests, or a romantic dinner for you upon your arrival, or a complimentary couples massage, etc. In this way, you will gain so much more than a discount and you can get the most of your destination Indian wedding.
What should you avoid when planning a destination Indian wedding?
We know the good, the fabulous and of course the ugly around the hood when it comes to destination Indian weddings in Cancun and Riviera Maya. Here is what you should be really careful or avoid when planning your wedding:
1. Avoid choosing a resort just because your friend got married there.
2. Avoid to choose a venue just because they have great presence in the web or social media. Dig deeper to see if those that maybe they do not pop up that much are offering something better and they do not invest that much in MK or PR.
3. Avoid choosing a resort too big.
4. Avoid a place where allows multiple weddings.
5. Avoid a place where they do not offer you to choose your event locations until 45 days prior your wedding.
6. Think twice if they accept more than one Indian wedding the same day. 7. Think twice if they do not let you speak directly with their vendors
Contact us to help you ease the process.
BACK to tips and trick to ease you the process.